Digital printing opens up great new creative possibilities when it comes to bespoke labels, whether you’re looking for a short test run or you need several versions of the same label, digital labels could be the answer you’re looking for.
Similar to how your home desktop printer works, digital presses use dots of ink to recreate an image from a digital file so the possibilities are virtually endless – see why you should be getting your labels digitally printed below:
- Price – There are no plate costs and less press setup time which means that getting your labels digitally printed is the cheapest way of getting your labels printed – for a short run that is!
- Short run labels – Flexo machines generally take a longer set up time and include plate charges which may mean it’s not worth it if you have a short run of labels. Anything from around 500 – 5000 labels means that most label printers won’t consider running a job that small, unless they have a digital machine. If you’re a small business or just have ‘short run labels’ then go to a printer who has a digital machine in order to get the best value for money.
- Great Quality - If you’re looking at a full colour label and want a crisp, clear image or vivid colours then digital print can be the best step forward. Get attention grabbing, high quality labels with our Trojan Inkjet press.
- Faster turnaround times – As the digital machine doesn’t use plates, there is no time waiting on plates being made or delivered, which means turnaround times can get cut in half. There is also less initial set up time which means your labels get delivered to you faster.
- Flexibility – If you’re looking to change your label design then you’re looking at purchasing a whole new set up plates for a flexo machine, every time that you want to change. Due to this many people choose to stay with the same label design. If you get your labels digitally printed then you can change your design as often as you like, without worrying about plate or setup fees.